Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Jeff Learns the Delight of Real Ale...

And suffers from real ale withdraw symptoms, all in the same pub. As a huge fan of cask conditioned English ales, I know the feeling.

CAMRA holds it's annual festival in just a few weeks; I spent a glorious few hours there last year, which is not nearly enough time: with over 500 beers available, and since you cannot order them by the teaspoon, it all gets a bit overwhelming, particularly if you like to drink responsibly.

One more thing about Jeff. He's holding a full english pint, 20 oz versus the U.S. 16. CAMRA is an advocates "honest pints": British consumers get shorted 8 out of ten times they order beer, by too much foam, glass not filled, glass too small, etc, and CAMRA is trying to change that. They also fight for historic breweries and pubs.

We would benefit from such a group. While in St. Louis earlier this year, I had an opportunity to go to a Cardinals game in the new Busch stadium. A 16 oz Budweiser cost $7.00. No, not Czech beer, the American Budweiser, the one without flavor. Yeesh.

2 comments:

Cal said...

Is there REALLY life on this page? LOL! Or is it some BOT writing all these posts?? Just joking and wondering...WHY AREN'T YOU RESPONDING TO ME? (Yes, I am yelling...haha!) Again, just joking...

I take it your life is good?

Cal said...

I need help...how do you post pics on your blog? I wanna do that...I just can't figure it out...

HELP!