Thursday, March 08, 2007

Do Canadians Know Anything About Beer?

Hey hosers, Molson wants to know. Molson is challenging Canadians to stand up and say "hell yes! We LOVE Canadian beer!", particularly Molson.

"This is a fun campaign that acknowledges our passion for beer," says Michael Shekter, Brand Director, Molson Canada. "We not only love beer, we take pride in beer brewed in Canada - and Molson Canadian is the definitive example of Canadian beer."

I'm not sure why I posted this, other than it reminds me of when I was a kid, and my dad bought an Opel Manta. I remember people, who I came to recognize as idiots, subtly giving my dad shit for owning a foreign car. Buy American, damn-it, in spite of the fact that American companies were producing Pintos that exploded upon impact (in other words, crap, or in other-other words, Molson).

So I guess my point is, if I have one, and I am not sure I do, but if I did, it would be this: good Lord Canada, I am all about loving beer, but Molson?

Now, if Molson asked Canadians to stand up for say, Neil Young, I would totally drink to that. I'd drink Molson, too. I would stand up, my brothers, to be counted among the Canadians I pretend to be when I travel abroad.

No comments: