Friday, July 14, 2006

Lady Beer

Researchers in the Czech Republic are developing a beer that helps women deal with menopause. It has something to do with phytoestrogen, and when I said the word phytoestrogen to my wife, she was like "What do you know about phytoestrogen?" And I was like...."uhhhh..."

I do know that if this works, it may be within the reach of researchers to create beers that solve all sorts of health things. How cool would it be to have a beer that induced weight loss? Gave you muscles? (real muscles, not "beer" muscles.) Cured acne? Made you smarter?

Or course, beer makes you feel smarter, which is a start. But I'm hopeful.

Interesting fact: do you know what Xena, Warrior Princess called her sword? You guessed it: phytoestrogen.

2 comments:

Cal said...

Would this beer have carbs???? I don't do carbs...LOL!

Cal said...

are you alive?